Oct 26, 2014

Annual Update. Also, some amazing music and Snake.

Since my last post, I have seen Breaking Bad, become Vonnegut -level fan of Joseph Heller and heard some great music. I have done some other stuff too.

Now moving on to the second part of the post.

I have been obsessed with two songs for quite some time now. It feels I could live inside these two songs - I don't know what that means though.

Check if you feel the same:

1) Alt- J - Tessellate
2) Spoon - Inside Out

No matter how much we glorify the past - the 60s,70s, 90s, I think there is still great music around. It's just that it gets lost in the sea of mediocrity.
Now it has become even more difficult for me, because the random internet browsing time has gone down drastically. After whole day at work I just don't feel like staring at the computer screen again. I rather watch TV ( oh, the irony).
But I do come across some gems from time to time.

Like this video "featuring" Kim Jong-un:
Grouplove - Ways to Go  (Undeniably a very catchy tune too.)

or this website which has Garfield comic strips with Garfield deleted from them:
Garfield Minus Garfield

"Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb. "

Full marks for creativity.


PS: With the Diwali season around I often get reminiscent about the legendary "Snake". For me it has always been a thing of beauty, a wonder of science. It always felt like somewhere somehow some energy- mass related physical laws were broken when we lit up a "Crocin" tablet and it beautifully expanded into a snake. Add to that, the industrial level smoke it billowed out. Wow. It had just too much going for it. Now-days there is some negative propaganda going around Snake because of pollution and all.Get a grip people. What next? We'll ban spaceships?

No comments:

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...