Jul 28, 2008

Today I am going to make a bold statement.

But first some background.

I have only ONE obsession in life - Music. Yes, I have seen many, really many movies. Yes, I have even walked 1.5 kms at 1 A.M. in the night to a friend's place and woke him up from his blissful sleep because I wanted to see Barca- Real football match and my cable-wallah had suddenly decided to take ESPN off. Still, Music is/has been my only obsession.

I have loved so many bands over all these years, loved so many songs;but never thought of saying such a thing, ACTUALLY never dared to say such a thing, which is this :

FAKE PLASTIC TREES by Radiohead is the best song I have ever heard.

And I say this now, after having heard it millions of time over so many years.
I don't want to degrade Fake Plastic Trees by giving justifications. But I see no reason why anyone who is alive should not like it. ACTUALLY: I see no reason why anyone should NOT like it and still be alive.

If you have never heard it, do yourself a HUGE favor- Buy "The Bends" CD , or download the high quality mp3 from the internet, or watch it on youtube, or give me your email address, or request it in a pub, do something NOW. Believe me, you would have done something worthwhile after a long long time.


Her green plastic watering can
For her fake Chinese rubber plant
In the fake plastic earth.
That she bought from a rubber man
In a town full of rubber plans
To get rid of itself.
It wears her out, it wears her out.

She lives with a broken man
A cracked polystyrene man
Who just crumbles and burns.
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins.
And it wears him out, it wears him out.
It wears him out, it wears him out.

She looks like the real thing
She tastes like the real thing
My fake plastic love.
But I can't help the feeling
I could blow through the ceiling
If I just turn and run.
And it wears me out, it wears me out.
It wears me out, it wears me out.

And if I could be who you wanted
If I could be who you wanted
All the time, all the time.
Oh, oh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

best song ever.. i donno..still, its freaking awesome..definitely ONE of the best.

Anonymous said...

hey!!! i've nt heard it n m still alive.. :P

bt yes.. wanna do sumthing wothwhile in dis life at least...

n do myself a huge favor.....

so can u mail me ur fake plastic trees...

u jus said u wud do dat!! :)

Manan said...

And who are you?

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...