Jan 26, 2007

To the spirit of Entrepr...blah( spellcheck: who the fuck coined this idiotic word)

We have a course here called ENVCF( Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Finance) . Although I haven't taken it , but I get to hear lots of stories about (not so) ingenious business plans presented by budding managers to somehow pass the last term course.So much I would like to mention some of those business plans but I am afraid that somebody might sue me for infringement of IPRs.
But Misra surely won't sue me for that. First let me introduce Misra. Misra is(or atleast was) not exactly wordly smart, he was a wingie of mine at kgp and we used to call him Hallu. Hallu was not a specific nick given to Misra only but it was a part of general lingo there.It derives from the word "hallucination"and is applicable to all those persons who are absent minded,who day dream arbitrarily, shift their energy states within a matter of seconds, may react to things in a totally unbelievable and absurd manner or may not react at all. So this was the time when I was on hospital bed fighting death(ok not exactly) and harbouring my broken leg. And my leg was broken after being ruthlessly thrown off my cycle( BSA Photon) by Madhav aka Bada Ladka( Oh how i love to make him feel guilty!). BTW if you are at Stanford and ask about Bada Ladka this is what people will tell you : He is the cruel bastard who destroyed the exciting career of a budding Tennis/Football star( if you Hallu people are still wondering ,I am talking about me). Not to mention that everybody there maintain safe distance from Madhav.Oh I forgot to mention the ulterior motive of Madhav behind breaking my leg. He wanted to be on Nehru Hall's Tennis team( which obviously in my absence didn't win a single medal for 3 years).
Coming back to the original story -so here i was fighting death and there Misra was- my sweet and caring neighbour putting a notice outside my room- " Manan's recovery fund. Write a well wishing message on room walls and donate 10 bucks."
And when I came back to my room after nearly 2.5 months I was shocked to see the amount of graffiti on my room walls ,not an inch of free space left!( obviously you are not thinking that the graffiti was restricted to Get Well Soon messages). And there was Misra standing, grinning and telling me the number of Beers he drank out of the booty he made!
No wonder when a Prof(!!) came for the general inspection few days later and saw my room this is first thing he said to me - "You know all the rooms were whitewashed only 6 months back. Government money is not your personal piggy bank." I took the safe passage and showed my crutches to him and said i wasn't there in the hostel for last 3 months. I don't know what exactly happened but my neighbour Misra would surely know!! Thank god the prof didn't bother to read those messages.... or maybe he read and was too embarrassed to show that!
Misra is getting married to his kgp sweetheart next month ( and well we attributed most of the haluness of Misra to his romantic endeavors)
Even Borad ( Boraaaa was another wingie) demonstrated his entrepreneurial spirit when he proposed the idea of brewing a new revolutionary kind of beer in the campus itself and the amazing thing is that the great Biotech department was ready to fund it!If only the Electrical department was so open minded I would have invented a time machine!
This is the testimonials season at IIM indore and it was only after i read my Nehru hall testimonials(yet again) that I felt like writing this post. We called them Pink Pages , one obvious reason was that they were printed on Pink coloured pages. But the term Pink Pages is generally associated with ahem homosexual communities.I guess once upon a time some of our seniors during their intimate moments( due to lack of girls, open society back then or whatever) named it Pink Pages and tradition has continued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what..anman is getting nostalgic..ouch!
still liked it!

Anonymous said...

dudee!! awesome!! u take writing seriusly!!

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...