Oct 3, 2006

Two of those days

Today for the first time in 1 and a half years i went to the library. Technically speaking it was my 3rd time....1st time being the introduction and 2nd time when i went to see how our library looks like from inside.
This monumental decision came after yesterday which was an extremely dull and depressing day for me.Just to show how bad yesterday was :

I watched Junebug ( I don't know why all critics love ALL independent low budget depressing movies...anyway the movie left me in bad taste and even more depressed)
So i thought of taking refuge in music... so listened to Black 17 times continuously(no kidding) ..last 6 times almost at full volume with my speakers cracking and my subwoofer making weird fart noises but I couldn't care less
Then i saw the last scene of Trainspotting 5 times in a row
All this was not helping so finally i saw 2 episodes of Seinfeld and 70s show and then slept with a strong resolution that i'll go to library tomorrow.

Ok coming back to library. It has some really good collection of magazines.Well I spent nearly 3 hours reading Time,Newsweek and Discover.I read an extremely interesting article by Roger Penrose( basically an excerpt from his book "The Road to Reality") on vagueness of Quantum Mechanics in which he gave his own theory on why can't we be at two places simultaneously just like electrons... after all anything that applies to electrons should apply to us.After avoiding it for nearly 3 hours I finally opened my FIM book.I had just read 1 page when I realised this : When people are trying to decipher how this world works I am reading what is Commercial Paper??? Am I that pathetic?And then even more fundamental questions than Gravity came to my mind..like why the fuck am I doing MBA ? And why the fuck did I do engineering (maybe coz I didnt even know the difference between science and engineering then).... anyway I decided that I can't stoop any further... I closed the FIM book and returned back to Discover.
So library did not help much in the depression.

Last lines from Black :

all the love gone bad, turned my world to black
tattooed all i see, all that i am, all i'll ever be...
i know someday you'll have a beautiful life, i know you'll be a star
in somebody else's sky, but why
why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?

I love this song so much and I don't even identify with it!
Even if Eddie Vedder kills 100 innocent people he'll go to heaven just for writing and singing this song.
Anyone who doesn't like this song will burn in hell no matter what.... Oh what did you say ,you don't believe in hell... well don't worry I'll create one for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go :)
Hoping that someday the library would provide u with the right environment to read the FIM book, before the course gets over :P

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...