Oct 13, 2006

Beatles, ha ha charade you are!

Psalm 23 is a sacred poem recited by Jews and Christians. It basically thanks God for being the protector.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Pink Floyd has a breathtaking album called Animals( modelled on Animal Farm). And there's a brilliant song called Sheep on it. Well the song portrays how the common-innocent-middle class sheep is oppressed by the strong and how one day they'll revolt against this subjugation.
More importantly it has a parody of Psalm 23 and obviously lot of noise was made by the fundamentalists.
ONLY Pink Floyd could write something like this :)

This is also Religion -only a bit more interesting and sensible :

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me down to lie. Through pastures green, He leadeth me the silent waters by. With bright knives, He releaseth my soul. He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places. He converteth me to lamb cutlets. For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger. When cometh the day we lowly ones, Through quiet reflection, and great dedication Master the art of karate. Lo, we shall rise up. And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Talking of Animals, its unlike any PF album.What brilliant recording and orchestration, even after 30 years and all the chic gadgets I don't think any band can produce those kind of effects.My favourite song on Animals is the venomous Pigs( Three Different ones). There's a part when they curse Margaret Thatcher and how!

Bus stop rat bag, ha ha charade you are.
You fucked up old hag, ha ha charade you are.
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass.
You're nearly a good laugh, almost worth a quick grin.
You like the feel of steel, you're hot stuff with a hat pin,
and good fun with a hand gun.
You're nearly a laugh, you're nearly a laugh,
but you're really a cry.

And Beatles have sold more albums than Pink Floyd???? Somebody explain this to me naa....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink Floyd = God

wanderer said...

dude ...animal farm most definitely does not say the sheep will revolt someday!!!
read it again man-an
:)

manan said...

when i say based upon i don't mean they made a musical remake of that...
they have songs called pigs, sheep, dogs with characteristics resembling to those in the book.

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...