Aug 12, 2006

of wishes and fetishes and other weird stuff.

The way Wanda gets turned on when someone spoke Italian , French or any other language was very funny. If you don't know I am talking about the movie A Fish called Wanda( 1980s comedies rock!!!!). Well now I feel a sort of empathy with Wanda . And hell I don't even need different languages , just the Brit accent ( of English) is enough to turn me on( ok not sexually like in the case of Wanda) but a turn on nevertheless.Music or Movies, just make them britishly and they become awesome. I am not even talking about Gods popularly known as Pink Floyd , Radiohead, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath; just get some local Brit band and purge them from American adulteration(if any) and it all sounds so beautiful.Even if they simply say "I love God" it sounds like a sermon that not even the Pope can deliver.Ditto for movies , if Trainspotting and Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels weren't made in UK they would have lost half their charm. Some people will argue that if they were made in US they would have atleast understood the dialogues. Oh yes, it needs serious practice to understand what all those crazy people talk. You need to be a movie buff. :)
Coming back to A Fish Called Wanda ...this is probably the best "Romantic" line ever used by a person to woo his girl in any movie!!

This is what Archie says to Wanda : "Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "Are you married?" and hearing "My wife left me this morning," or saying, uh, "Do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner. But you're alive, God bless you, and I want to be, I'm so fed up with all this. I want to make love with you, Wanda. I'm a good lover - at least, used to be, back in the early 14th century. Can we go to bed?"


I have always wanted to play guitar . Well blame it on lack of motivation or sheer laziness , I won't touch the guitar on my own.To get in the mood I have also tried seeking professional help so that they can instill some desire into me( and its not that I can't learn ,in fact I used to play Banjo pretty well). And my conversation with my instructor goes something like this:

Me: Sir, I want to learn to play guitar
Him: Good. We'll start from the basics. You should practise A minor today.
Me: Whats your problem. I don't have that much time.I am not here to get grades. Just teach me how to play fucking Highway Star and I'll be a happy man.
Him: Hmmmm........... Get Lost.

So I get lost , go to my room open the guitar tabs for highway star on google( my heart burning with passion) .I decide to first listen to Highway Star for the last time , before I start playing it myself. And then a thought occurs , if there are so many people in this world who can play guitar so amazingly why do I need to flex my muscles. I'll instead utilize my energy in listening and appreciating them.

Believe me if you are lazy and impatient at the same time you are doomed.

1 comment:

kannagade said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...