Mar 2, 2006

My darlings!!

ok this was expected.
My favourite movies!

Election (Reading, Writing, Revenge) : Well the very few people who have seen this movie are often hesitant to say that this is the greatest (or atleast one of the greatest) movie ever...how can a teen movie with no drama(in its traditional sense), no gangsters,no long speeches ,no tearjerking scenes,no historical references be great...but I am glad to know that there are some people who seriously believe that no other movie even comes close to this masterpiece be it the underlying complexity or the satirical style or brilliant performances.
Move over godfathers and shawshanks and citizen kanes.....make way for a cute(read wicked)
little movie called Election.

Lock,Stock and two Smoking Barrels (A Disgrace to Criminals Everywhere) :Well whatever I have said for election above applies to this except for the fact there is no complexity or satire here and YES there are gangsters......its plain simple entertainment and 1-liners to die for( refer to my post earlier)

Almost Famous (Experience it. Enjoy it. Just don't fall for it) : Well I don't even remember how many times I have watched this movie. You have to be fascinated by the "era" and the "culture" and Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to adore this movie.

Russell Hammond: And you can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were... I'm on drugs!
[crowd cheers]
William Miller: Russell! I think we should work on those last words!
Russell Hammond: I got it, I got it. Last words - I dig music.
[a few claps]
Russell Hammond: [beat]
Russell Hammond: I'm on drugs!
[crowd cheers]

PS: I have no fascination for drugs.

Fight Club (Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.) : ok, I won't make it boring.Just type Fight Club on Google and open any page out of 61,500,000 pages that you get.

American Beauty ( ... look closer) : For once I loved the philosophical and poetic style of movie making .Undoubtedly the best background score ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't dig drugs. Indeed you don't.

Payne

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...