Feb 7, 2006

Fashion

Half of the people who say books are better than movies have not seen enough movies and have not read enough books.(They say that because its fashionable)

Half of the people who say beer doesn't give them a high have never even drank 1 full bottle of strong beer all their life.(They say that because its fashionable)

Half of the people who say they love Heavy Metal music don't even know what genre is heavy metal.(They say that because its fashionable)

Half of the people who say they love their jobs are lying.(They say that because its fashionable)

Half of the people who say Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods are gods have never seen basketball or golf all their life.(They say that because its fashionable)

Half of the people who say Times of India is a piece of crap read TOI quite regularly.(They say that because its fashionable).

Half of the people who say that they hate Shahrukh Khan are standing in the queue on the first day of a Shahrukh Khan movie.(They say that because its fashionable)


I say movies are better than books so I am not fashionable.

I say beer gives me the best high so I am not fashionable.

I love heavy metal music and I know what heavy metal is so I am fashionable.

I didn't love my job so I am not fashionable.

I say Michael Jordan is God but I have seen Basketball so I am fashionable. I say Tiger Woods is God but I haven't seen golf all my life...so I am just pretending to be fashionable.

I don't say that TOI is crap so I am not fashionable.

I don't like Shahrukh Khan (I don't hate him) and I am not standing in the queue on the first day. I might stand later.


HOLY SHIT! looking at the ratio above I am lagging far behind!!!!!

7 comments:

M B Mahesh said...

Please understand the difference...Books are any day better than videos, where there is hardly any scope of imagination

Anonymous said...

You obviously haven't seen what havoc they can play with classic literature ...( please refer to the horrid adaptation of Dicken's Great Expectations starring Ethan Hawke)

manan said...

1)I am not talking about adaptations.I am saying movies as a medium are better than books.

2)I was talking about half of the ppl. For other half, i respect their opinion( although i would love to change it)

Tanvi said...

I think the Dilbert principle has single handedly refined what is fashionable (.. again proving the point that books are a more powerful medium than movies.. the closest that movies have come to generating a fad is where for a brief period of time everyone seemed to be an extra on the sets of 'The Matrix')..everyone seems to hate his or her job :)

Mrunalini said...

I say that I like your blog coz it is fashionable to say so..especially when u hav no idea what the other person is talking about;)

Anu said...

Books any day... beer rules ... Yeah Baby!!! (Dont know where Austin Powers figures on your list). TOI, jobs, SRK all crap...

Tiger woods... now lets see... hmmm kinda yum.

:)

So where on that fashionable list do i stand on?

wanderer said...

ugh!
I am fashionably disgusted.

Mind-boggling Science Fiction 3

Me to my personal Artificially Intelligent buddy, Rocket:  Rocket, can you do this calculation for me. What's 7 + 4? Rocket: Dude, d...